The water that housewives throw away after they boiled rice has beneficial effects on health. In addition, the method can be used for hair and skin beauty.
A very popular Asian beauty method begins to gradually penetrate among women on other continents. It’s about using rice water, which give hair shine and makes the skin soft and healthy. In addition, rice water is also recommended by Ayurveda specialists (traditional Hindu medicine).
The tradition of washing the hair with rice water is extensively practiced by women of Yao ethnic group in China. They are best known for the record they have brought to their communities: Huangluo is the village where women with the longest hair in the world live.
The secret of their long and silky hair is rice water that besides the properties already mentioned, it makes hair even easier to comb.
In terms of skincare, rice water can be used as a natural tonic. Swabbing the face with a cotton pad soaked in rice water will soothe the skin and will give a smooth appearance. It also can prevent and fade blemishes caused by aging.
Rice water has a slightly astringent effect and helps reduce enlarged pores. It can be used on any skin type: dry, oily or normal.
Rice water has the following health benefits on body:
– Provides energy, because it’s rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals that help the smooth functioning of the metabolism;
– Prevents cancer. Rice, especially the brown one, is rich in fiber and antioxidants, such as vitamin A and phenol, which lowers the risk of certain cancers;
– Regulates body temperature;
– Prevents gastroenteritis;
– It’s beneficial for people suffering from hypertension as blood pressure drops. In addition, it helps improve cardiovascular functions of the body;
– Has soothing properties and is an effective remedy for hives or itchy skin caused by various skin disorders.
Rice water is prepared extremely simple. You just have to boil the rice in a large quantity of water, so it will not absorb the entire liquid.
Finally, liquid is filtered, and the remaining water can be drunk when it’s still warm or can be used for washing your hair or skin. It can be stored in refrigerator up to four days.